Interesting facts about the human body.
1. Fast breakfast can make you burn 5% – 20% more calories on the day.
2. Newborns can breathe and swallow at the same time, which can last up to 49 days.
3. After death, the drying of the body creates the illusion that nails and hair are still growing.
4. One person has enough sulfur to kill all fleas in a dog, enough carbon to make 9000 pencils, enough fat to make seven bars of soap, and enough water to fill a 50 liter bucket.
5. As you read this sentence, you have 50000 cells dying and being replaced by new ones.
6. Charles Osborne, an American, has hiccups for 68 years in a row, which is recorded in the Guinness Book of records. The reason is that he fell down and left his brain short of tissues that inhibit hiccups.
7. People’s breathing rate is one-third higher in spring than in autumn.
8. There are about 150 trillion pieces of information that a person can recall until he is dying.
9. Man’s sense of smell is one twentieth of that of a dog.
10. A person’s life-long saliva can fill two swimming pools.
11. All living people on earth can be crammed into a cube with a side length of 1000 meters.
12. Teeth are the only part of the body that cannot heal itself.
13. In addition to humans, each koala has a unique fingerprint.
14. The aroma of apples and bananas can help you lose weight.
15. The weight of food eaten in one’s life is equivalent to six adult elephants.
16. Kissing is more likely to cure cavities than chewing gum.
17. Humans are the only creatures that can draw straight lines.
18. Fingernails grow four times faster than toenails.
19. People with blue eyes are more sensitive to pain than others.
20. The smallest cell in a man is sperm.
21. Phenylethylamine, a euphoria inducing compound in the body, is also found in chocolate seeds.
22. When flying, the growth rate of human hair is twice as fast as usual.
23. If Barbie is a real person, her circumference will be 39-23-33, her height is 2.14 meters, and her neck is twice that of a normal person.
24. When you hit the wall with your head, you can burn 150 calories per hour.
25. Fingernails grow four times faster than toenails.